Adapted from a recent column by David Bach on being ‘The Automatic Millionaire.’ I thought this was helpful information for any person about to embark on a job search.
Get Connected with Your Truth
The hardest thing to do is be honest with yourself. Asking yourself some key questions will lead you to some amazing discoveries, and possibly motivate you to do what it takes to create the life you envision for yourself. Write your (honest) answers to the following questions:
- What makes you happy at work?
- What makes you happy at home?
- What makes you happy with your friends and family?
- What makes you happy when you’re by yourself?
- What do you love to do?
- What would you do with your life today if you weren’t afraid of failure?
- What’s not working in your life?
- What are you currently doing that prevents you from experiencing joy?
- What’s working in your life?
- Who’s not working in your life?
- Who in your life is subtracting value from and adding misery to it?
- Can you fix any of these relationships, or should you let them go from your life?
- What relationships are working in your life?
- If we were getting together one year from today, what would have to happen for you to be able to tell me that you now have more joy in your life?
- What’s the single most important thing you’ve learned about yourself as a result of answering these questions?
Find the entire article at http://finance.yahoo.com/columnist/article/millionaire/18930